Principle of operation
This relay operates on the core balance principle wherein the currents in the three phase of the system are summed by a core balance c.T. Which for normal conditions equates to zero. In case of a leakage current to earth this balance is disturbed causing the electronic circuit to operate a relay within the unit. In this event the relay that is generally connected to circuit breaker operates thus tripping the main circuit. The electro mechanical relay operates on fault. The earth leakage relay is provided with a test push button for checking its operation and a reset button to reset the relay on operation. This helps in checking the proper functioning of the relay. External (remote) test and reset connections can also be incorporated.
Under healthy conditions ‘OK’ LED will glow. In case of Fault/Leakage after set time delay the relay will Trip and ‘TRIP’ LED will glow.
The relay can be supplied in 96 sqmm (door mounting) or DIN rail mounting.
- Leakage Current Setting: From 50mA upwards as desired.
- Core balance C.T. : Toroidal core, bar primary
- Auxiliary supply : 110/220/415/550 V Ac, 50 Hz, 1 Phase
- Built-in relay contact : 5 amps (resistive) 415 V AC or 220 V DC
- Number of contacts : One N/O and One N/C.
Ordering Details required:
- Leakage setting required
- Mounting required ( 96 sq mm or DIN Rail mounting)
- Auxiliary supply 110V or 230V or 415V or 550V
- ID of the CBCT required