GA500 Process Gas Calorimeter
Precision instrument used in feed control and gas blending where continuous measurement of the gas heating value is required.
- The GA500™ burns a sample of the LPG/Air mixture to provide an accurate measurement of the Wobbe Index.
- Gas flows through a fixed orifice; there are no moving parts or complex operation which means reliability is unparalleled.
- The temperature differential is measured, not the absolute temperature of the flame. Hence, if the outdoor air conditions change after calibration (at higher humidity or higher temperature), the accuracy and repeatability will not be affected.
- The GA500 is a free standing panel. Therefore, the installation is simple and inexpensive.
- Digital Display for easy monitoring; 4-20mA control signal for automatic ratio control of LPG/Air Wobbe Index.
- Alarm Output included.
- Copper tubing is used to route gas to burner. Other manufacturers use plastic tubing. Plastic will crack over time due to thermal expansion and contraction.
- The GA500 incorporates proven, off the shelf components in our design that are readily available. Other manufactures use proprietary components that drive up the price and limit availability.
- GA500WC Model
- Includes calorific value and specific gravity display.
- The unit includes a densitometer that accurately measures the specific gravity. The Calorific Value is accurately calculated and displayed from the Wobbe Index and specific gravity.