We also have with us rich industry experience in successfully handling the demands of precision engineered Tube Serration. These are internally broached and machined tubes and form integral part of collapsible column assembly. Falling under category Steering Columns, these are presently being used in Suzuki automobiles.
For vehicles, particularly automobiles, the provision of a collapsible steering column has long been recognized as desirable to provide an added safety factor for the driver of the vehicle in the event of an accident. The steering column assemblies provide for energy absorption on axial collapse through progressive deformation of one/more member parts/components.
These collapsible steering columns come with telescopic coaxial shaft and tube structure. A separate deforming member is forced through tube by shaft upon axial collapse of assembly to deform with consequent absorption of energy.
- Non-linear energy-absorbing column assembly has tunable force gradient that enables non-linear collapse response under rapid dynamic loading
- Column assembly comprises components of –
- Outer sleeve
- Inner tube
- Bearing sleeve
- Inner tube received within bearing sleeve
- Bearing sleeve received within outer sleeve
- These radially spaced serrations are made in insert end of inner tube to form one/ more deflection tabs at end of inner tubes
- Bearing sleeve holds one/ more spherical elements in contact with one/more deflection tabs of inner tube as well as with interior surface of outer sleeve
- Variable deflection of deflection tabs in relation to changing location of spherical elements on deflection tabs produces non-linear collapse response under axial load applied to assembly
- Usage : This internally broached & machined tube is integral part of collapsible column assembly
- Category : Steering Column
|Item Name||Tube Serration|