1. Good spread ability
2. Excellent thermal insulation
3. Preventing reoxidation of molten steel
4. Fine lubricating capabili
Mold flux is a sort of auxiliary material for steelmaking. Mold flux is composed of three sections. The first section is primary slagging material, such as SiO2,AL2O3,CaO. The second section is special material used to regulating melting point and viscosity of slags, such as Na2O,Li2O, F,MgO. The third section is carbon particles like T and C used to adjusting melting rate. These three parts of materials can be formed mold flux with the sequential process of crushing, grinding, mixing.
Mold flux types
(1) powder mold flux is mechanical mixture of several kinds of powdery material. The powder mold flux has good thermal insulation, poor spread-ability and easy water-absorption. The uniformity of flux will be damaged by long-distance transportation or storage and the stability will be not satisfied. Furthermore, powder mold flux brings dust easily, it is environment-polluted.
(2) granule mold flux is formed by adding proper quantity adhesive into powder mold flux. Its component is uniformly and capacity is stably. Especially, hollow-granule mold flux is more and more popular with the advantages of good thermal insulation, strong liquidity, uniform components and non-dust-pollution.
Mold flux specification
| || |
Using method of Mold flux
Applying to carbon steel of 0.08~0.35% carbon content and low-alloy steel; cross section (150~250)mm*(800~1600)mm; casting speed 0.7-1.5meter per minute.