Electromechanical vibratory conveyors are powered by two unbalance motors which rotate in opposite directions. These types of feeders can be supplied in two types viz. trough type and tubular type depending on the type of application and material being conveyed.
Trough type conveyors
These types of electromechanical vibratory conveyors are suitable where the material conveyed is granular in nature comprising of medium / large size lumps and where fine powder content / dust is minimum. However, if required, the trough can be provided with a co-oscillating cover in order to prevent dust generated due to vibrations from escaping into the surrounding environment. In cases where the material conveyed is extremely abrasive in nature, the trough.is provided with abrasive resistant liners. These liners are fixed to the main trough by means of countersunk bolts.
These types of electromechanical vibratory conveyors are strongly recommended where the material conveyed has a high proportion of fines with a tendency to form dust during vibrations. A detachable lid is provided at both the ends of the tube to facilitate cleaning as and when required. Inlet and outlet nozzles with suitable flanges are provided. The inlet and outlet nozzles can be easily connected to the client's preceeding and succeeding equipment by means of flexible bellows, which also seals these points.
- Very low maintenance required as the motors are extremely robust in construction and reliable in operation.
- Large magnitude of force can be achieved.
- Amplitude of vibrations can be varied by changing the position of the centrifugal weights in standstill condition of the motor.
- Extremely simple to connect and operate.
- Depending on the application, motors with different RPM's can be selected.