Switch Mode Power Supply (SMPS) is an electronic device which is used to provide uninterrupted electronic power. This switch mode power supply (SMPS) is known for its low power dissipation and easy installation. It is checked under various set quality parameters. Furthermore, it is integrated with switching regulator which is used for ideally converting electrical power.
Switch mode power supplies are an extraordinary arrey of high frequency alternative.
These are the switching regulators that offers higher efficiency than the liner regulators. in addition they can step-up, step-down and invert the input voltage.
A switching regulator is a circuit that uses an inductor, a tranformer, and a capacitor as energy-storage element to tranfer energy from input to output in discrete packets.
Feedback circuitry regulates the energy tranfer to maintain a constant voltage within the load limits of the circuit.
They use some form of pulse-width modulation to alter the on time relative to the off time to effect control. the device is used in this to give the constraints of frequency and the speed are power ‘fets’ .
The use of power ‘fets’ with fast turn-on and turn-off characteristics have made switches that operate comfortable at frequency above 100khz practical.
Parasnath provides a diversified range of highly accurate and reliable controller for ideal system.available from 5watt to 1000 watt in open frame and with box.
- Minimized noise and ripple, high reliability by conforming to various safety standards and ce certification.
- Built in over current protection,over heating and output short circuit protection
- Change the output to a different voltage level than the input ( step-up or step-down).
- Isolate the output from the input.
- Provide the user with a means to vary the output
- Can get constant output at variable input.
- Stabilize the output against the influence of:-
- Source changes (source effect)
- Load changes (load effect)
- Temperature changes ( temp. effect)
- The passage of time ( time effect or drift)
SMPS’S are having wide range of applications some of them are as:
- Machine tool industries
- Security systems (close circuit cameras)
- Where very small size and lessweight is required
- Audio and vedio application
- Support supplies with plc’s
- In fountains
- Defence &aerospace