PasandTMBiocide BIC100 is an aldehyde based biocide used to prevent bacterial degradation and help reduce the souring of drilling mud. When biological growth occurs in fluids, the organisms can be killed with a treatment of biocide. In addition, as a pre-treatment the product is used in packer fluids that will be left in the hole for an extended period.
Features and Benefits
· It is a highly effective micro biocide for control of both anaerobic and aerobic bacteria in fresh water, seawater or brines.
· It is compatible with most scale inhibitors.
· It prevents or reduces the growth of organisms that interfere with the operation of drilling fluids.
· It inhibits the growth of bacteria in the aqueous system which comprises adding the biocidal blend to an aqueous system containing bacteria.
· Organisms can consume organic polymers, rendering them useless and causing viscosity problems and foaming. The malodorous by-product of organisms in drilling or completion fluid can make working on the mud pits difficult. PasandTM BIC100 prevents or eliminates these odours.
Safety & Handling
The material must be handled as an Industrial chemical, wearing protective equipment and observing the precautions as mentioned in the MSDS.
Store in a dry, well-ventilated area. Keep container closed. Keep away from heat, sparks, and flames.