Polyamides manufactured in monomer casting (PA-6G) show a higher degree of crystallinity and thus have much better material properties than the extruded nylon types.
But apart from the type specific properties, all polyamides share, independently of their manufacturing process, a great number of basic properties specific to the material.
- High mechanical strength, hardness, stiffness and toughness
- High mechanical damping characteristics
- Good fatigue resistance
- Very high wear resistance
- Good slide and emergency running properties
- Good machining properties