The falling film Fractional Distillation Column is for fractionating heat sensitive mixture having various components under controlled temperature at atmospheric pressure and under vacuum whilst maintaining constant heat exchange area through out the distillation. Fractional distillation columns have a falling film type of heat exchanger with a leak proof pump and a mechanical seal which ensures high heat transfer coefficient to facilitate vaporization of the liquid maintaining minimum temperature differential between the source heat and the boiling point of the liquid at the operating pressure preventing localized heating.
The salient features are as follows:
- Designed to carry off fractionating at high vacuum
- Reflux distribution valve provided to facilitate adjustment of desired reflux ratio
- Efficient structured packing with distributors ensure low HETP and low pressure drop
- Vacuum, vapour traps and manifold system facilitates operating the column at selective vacuum at different lines without disturbing the column equilibrium
- Capacities Offered: 10 lit onwards