Cobb Water Absorption Tester is widely used in paper manufacturing industries to determine the water penetration strength of paper or related materials in a given period of time. The Cobb value or water absorptiveness strength of the material is expressed as water absorbed by a 1 square meter of a paper or paperboard in a specific amount of time under standardized test conditions.
Cobb Tester measures the amount of liquid that penetrates into a sheet of cardboard, paper, and paperboard. The instrument comprises a cylindrical container which is clamped on a flat rubber base on which sample is placed. After placing the sample, the cylinder is tightly clamped, and water is poured into the cylinder and left for a period of time. It is ahighly standardized method which is utilized to ensure the quality of the materials and to determine the durability of paper under wet working conditions.
· Sample Diameter – 112 mm
· Depth of Cylinder – 60mm
· Diameter of rubber pad – 145mm
· Water level indicator (inside the cylinder) – 10mm and 25mm.
· Roller Weight – 10 Kg
· High-Grade Stainless Steel Test Area
· Lightweight Testing Machin with Resilient Design
· Rugged Structure duly powder coated that ensures corrosion resistance finish.
· Manually operated with fast locking mechanism.
· Hassle Free Operation
· Offers accurate test results.
IS 1060, TAPPI –T441