Presto’s Cobb sizing Tester is used for determination of water absorptiveness strength of a paper & related boards in a given time period. The water absorptiveness strengthis also known as Cobb value ofpaper. It is defined as the weight of water absorbed by a paper of 1 sq. meter in a given time under required conditions.
The device consists of a cylindrical container fixed on a flat rubber base on which the sample is placed. It is a simple & standardized method followed for quick determination of the quantity of water that a paper absorbs.
· Diameter of Sample – 112mm
· Depth of Cylinder – 60mm
· Water level indicator on Cylinder – At 10mm and At 25 mm
· Diameter of Rubber Pad – 145mm
· Weight of Roller – 10 Kg (approx.)
· COBB sizing tester provides a simple, standardized method for fast determination of the quantity of water absorbed by a paper or board in a given time
· Single-handed automatic clamping and release
· Manual clamping and specimen positioning
· Fast locking of the specimen