Presto’s Melt Flow Rate calculation tester is ahigh-quality testing instrument which is used in plastic industries to evaluate the melt flow properties and viscosity of molten resins. The Melt flow Index of plastics is defined as the rate of flow of melted granules (in grams per ten minutes) through a cylindrical vessel of a particular diameter and length. The test is carried out under prescribed condition of load, temperature and piston position in a cylindrical cavity inside a heated metallic barrel. Presto Melt Flow Index tester helps to set the required temperature and pressure.
· Dimensions of piston head: 9.47mm diameter
· Diameter of heater tube cavity: 9.55mm ± 0.005mm
· Dimensions of Die: 2.095mm ± 0.005mm
· Working temperature – up to 250oC
· Sample Type: Resins or Plastics
· Weights: 1.2 kg; 3.8 kg, 2.16 kg; & 5 kg (Additional on Request)
· Power Supply: Single Phase, 220-240 AC, 50 Hz.
· Temperature Range: Ambient - 4000C
· Accuracy: ±0.10C
· Timer: 0-999 seconds
· Sensor Type: PT 100
· Temperature Controller: PID
· Sample Cutting: Automatic motorized
Related Standards:ASTM D 1238-1992, IS 2530-1963, IS 10810-1984, ISO 1133, IS 2267-1972.
· Comes with Digital Temperature indicator cum controller
· Digital Timer for work accuracy
· Available with cleaning tools & instructions manual