Presto Scuff Resistance Tester rubs two printed surfaces of a packaging label against each other with the same speed & on the same plane, under a pressure of 2psi. The scuff resistance tester is widely used in Paper & Packaging industries to evaluate color transferability of printed or coated surfaces during rubbing and at the time of transportation, warehousing, and handling. It is designed according to ASTM Standard and measures the number of strokes that can cause loss of informative print and damage the surface. With the help of Presto’s Scuff Resistance Tester, the manufacturers can easily confirm the quality of printed materials to the clients.
- Specimen Size: 48mm & 120mm
- Lower Motor capacity ¼ HP
- Display: Digital (LED)
- Safety Lock: With upper clamp
- Sample Preparation templates: 2
- Weight on Sample: 2psi
- Controls: Digital Preset Cycle counter.
- No. of Cycles: 0 – 9999.
- Counter 4- digit Digital Preset type
- Least Count of Counter: 1
- Rotational Speed 60 rpm
- Motorized weight arrangement on plunger
- Set counts through Digital Preset Counter
- Motorized system for movement of clamps
- Circular clips/clamps for Firm holding of test specimen
- Highly accurate results under uniform load and rubbing clamp movement