Tri - angle Gloss Meter process gives good correlation with visual gloss or shining by ensuring that the sample is kept flat. The degree of correlation decreases as the specimen tilted from being flat. This method is widely used to measure the surface quality and shining appearance.
It is a portable, compact, & perfect device which is designed in two models i.e. mains operated laboratory purpose and handy battery operated for the measurement of geometry 20o, 60o, 85o. It can be used for the measurement of gloss/brightness of Paints; Opaque Glasses; Plastics; Ceramics; Porcelains; Paper; Cloths; Pigments; Powder etc. This instrument is also useful for measurement of Brightness/whiteness of Plantation white sugar & measurement of reflectance of fabrics.
The tri-angle Gloss Meter features with 20°, 60°, and 85° angles, comply with international standards: ISO2813, GB/T 9754, ASTM D523, ASTM D2457.
· Simultaneous measurements of three angles.
· It has inbuilt software with powerful functions.
· Display multi-group testing data simultaneously.
· User-Friendly controls.
· Portable Device
· Measuring area (in mm) – 20o:10 x 10mm, 60o: 9 x 15mm, 85o: 5 x 36mm.
· Division value: 0.1 GU
· Measuring Range: 20°:0~1000GU, 60°:0~1000GU, 85°:0~160GU
· Measurement Units of Gloss:
- Range of the Device – 0-10GU, 10-100GU, 100-1000GU
- Reproducibility of the Device – ± 0.2GU, ± 0.5GU, ± 0.5%GU
- Repeatability of the Device – ± 0.1GU, ± 0.2GU, ± 0.2%GU
· Measurement Standard: JJG696 First class Gloss Meter working requirement
- Chromaticity Corresponding: CIE 1931(2°) under CIE C light source
- Standard Accessories: Power Adapter, User Manual, USB cable, Calibration Plate, and software CD (except basic model)