We offers Metallurgical Image Analysis System (MIAS®) from its stable, which is an advanced system for Metallographic study of metals. This system is based on the technology transfer from BARC (Bhabha Atomic Research Centre), and conforms to ASTM Standards.
The system consists of
- Trinocular Metallurgical microscope
- 5 MP CMOS USB Camera
- MIAS® Software
Some of the salient features of the system are:
- Based on technology transfer from BARC (Bhabha Atomic Research Center)
- The software is totally automatic and provides analysis of micro structure for Steel, Iron and Aluminum.
- Follows ASTM standards.
- Grain size analysis (ASTM E112) using ASTM methods like Planimetric, Hayn Intercept, Hillard/Abrams circle intercept and manual grain analysis
- ALA grain size (ASTM E930) analysis
- Porosity analysis
- Nodularity (ASTM E2567) analysis including intercept method
- Inclusion (ASTM E45) analysis including ASTM Method C( for Oxide/Silicate)
- Decarburization (ASTM E1077) analysis
- Phase/Segmentation (ASTM E562) analysis
- Flake analysis (ASTM A247) (Distribution and Size)
- Dendrite Arm Spacing (for Al)
- Particle size analyzer
- Basic measurements like length, area, radius, distance, angle
- Report generation in PDF and MS Excel
- Ability to measure multiple fields from multiple samples
- Highly accurate calibration
- High-quality camera giving excellent image quality for accurate measurements