DESCRIPTION : In an ideal Plug Flow Reactor (PFTR) there is no mixing in the direction of flow and complete mixing perpendicular to direction of flow. Concentration of reactants varies along the length of reactor but not in radial direction. This set-up is used to study a non-catalytic homogeneous reaction under ambient condition.The set up consists of two feed tanks through which two reactants are fed to the reactor. Rotameters are provided to measure the individual flow of Chemicals. The flow rate can be adjusted by operating the needle valves provided on respective Rotameter. The compressed air is used for circulation of feed. Samples are collected for analysis from the outlet of reactor. Pressure Regulator, Pressure Gauge and Safety Valve are fitted in the compressed air line.
- Sponification Reaction Study in straight tube Plug Flow Reactor.
- To determine Reaction Rate Constant.
UTILITIES REQUIRED :
- Compressed Air Supply at 2 Bar, 0.5 CFM.
- Water Supply.
- Instruments, Laboratory Glassware and Chemicals required for analysis as per the system adopted.
TECHNICAL DETAILS :
- Reactor : Material Stainless Steel, OD-16mm, ID-13mm approx.
- Feed Tank (2Nos.) : Material Stainless Steel, Capacity - 20 Ltrs.
- Feed Circulation : By compressed air.
- Flow Measurement : Rotameter 2 Nos. (one each for Reactants).
- Piping : Stainless Steel and PVC
- Pressure Regulator : 0-2 Kg/cm2.
- Pressure Gauge : Bourdon type 0-2 Kg/cm2.
- Stop Watch : Electronic.
- Instruction Manual : An ENGLISH instruction manual will be provided along with the Apparatus
- The whole unit is assembled rigidly on a base plate and mounted on a stand.
- Most of the parts are powder coated and rest are painted with auto paints.