MADRAM-G is a liquid fertiliser based on humic acids, with high content of nitrogen and calcium complexes. It acts as a saline corrector in sodium and sodium alkaline soils. It works as follows:
The sodium (Na) displaces the calcium (Ca) in the MADRAM exchange compound, transferring it into the soil substratum called clay-humic complexes:
Na-CAH + Ca-MADRAM -> Ca-CAH + Na-MADRAM
In this way, free sodium remaining in the soil is eliminated by easily absorbable or washable calcium.
The sodium reacts as follows: Nitrate (NO-3), present in MADRAM, reacts with sodium (Na) removed from sodium nitrate, which is very soluble in water, and is eliminated by irrigation or rain water:
NO-3 + Na -> NaNO3
The entire process is stimulated by the organic matter contained in MADRAM-G, and is advantageous for both soil and plant, as shown below:
· It combats the excess sodium problem in sodium and sodium-alkaline soils correcting its physico-chemical deficiencies.
· It improves soil structure, aeration and water retention capacity.
· It intensifies microbial life.
· It promotes nutrient mobility, avoiding mineral deficiencies.
· It corrects calcium deficiencies, resolving specific production problems in horticultural crops.
· It promotes germination and root development.
It can also be used for foliar application as a calcium deficiency corrector.
Total Nitrogen (N): 5.0% w/w
Organic Nitrogen (N): 0.6% w/w
Nitric Nitrogen (N): 4.4% w/w
Water-soluble Poassium Oxide (K2O): 1.2% w/w
Water-soluble Calcium Oxide (CaO): 7.5% w/w
Calcium Oxide (CaO) complexed by lignosulphonates: 7.5% w/w
Total Organic Matter: 11.0% w/w
Total Humic Extract: 11.0% w/w
Fulvic acids: 11.0% w/w
Application and dosage
Soil application: mixed with irrigation water.
Dosage: From 40 to 80 Litres/Ha, depending on the salinity-sodicity of the soil. For average sodic soils, the recommended dosage is 55-65 L/He.