Quartz Sand is the most common mineral which alone forms by SiO2 in the nature, which including two kinds of quartz, one is trigonal crystal low temperature quartz (a quartz) and hexad crystal high temperature quartz (b quartz). Its assumes the shapes of rhombohedron, hexad direction columniation, double tripartite cone, the tripartite rhombic shape; which color is achromaticity, ivory-white, multi colors if mixed in the impurity not cleaves of mixed in the impurity, Not cleaves, has the conchoidal fracture, the oily luster, hardness 7, density 2.65 g/cm3. Its crystal common has solid, liquid and gas enwrap.
- Ingredient: SiO2 AI2O3 Fe2O3 CaONa2O.
- Content: 99.6% 200 ppm, 50 ppm, 30 ppm, 30 ppm.
- Main use: Quartz sand is important raw materials of industrial mineral, used extensively in such as glass, casting, pottery and refractory material, metallurgy, architecture, chemical industry, Plastics, rubber, abradant material and so on.
- Glass: Plate glass, float glass, glass products (Glass tube, glass bottle, glass pot) optical glass, glass fibre, glass instrument, conductive glass, glass cloth and the special glass of defending radial, etc. the main pottery porcelain and refractory fire material; Embryo material and frit of the porcelain, the cellar stove uses the raw materials such as high silica brick, ordinary silica brick and carborundum.
- Chemical industry: Raw materials of silicon compound and water glass, etc, the filler in the sulfuric acid tower, amorphism silicon dioxide and tiny powder.
- Machinery: The main raw materials of cast molding sand, grind materials (gush out the sand grind the paper, abrasive paper, emery cloth etc).
- Electron: Metal silicon of high strength, use the optic fibre in communication etc. Rubber, plastics (can improve the wearability).
- Coating: Filling (but improvement coating is weatherable).