A typical Lightning Arrester, also called Surge Arrester, comprises a high voltage terminal made of Copper of Aluminum mounted on top of a building. It is electrically connected to the ground terminal through a wire to protect the building in the event of lightning. If lightning strikes the building, it will preferentially strike the lightning rod and be conducted harmlessly to ground through the wire, instead of passing through the building where it could start a fire or cause electrocution. Lightning arresters can be commonly seen mounted on tall buildings, monuments, towers, water tanks etc.
- A very important point worth noting in this regard is that a lightning arrester or lightning protection system as a rule never stops the action and effects of lightning. However, it provides ample protection and insurance against the damage to the building and electrical devices. Our lightning arresters are a guarantee to this. Earthing Pipes :
Also called Pipe Electrodes, these are used widely in power transmission applications. Our hot dip GI and Copper earthing pipes with funnel are robust in construction, easy to install and durable in performance provide good earthing. These are fabricated using premium quality raw material and are available in sizes like16, 20,25mm dia rod, 46mm Dia, 57mm dia , 75mm dia and 88mm dia pipes, in lengths varyng from 1 meter to 3 meters or as desired. Our pipe electrodes are accurate in dimension, corrosion resistant and high in tensile strength.
- Lightning protection systems.
- Prevention of accidents caused by static charge and stray currents.
- Protection of central communications, electronics, and AC power systems.
- Meeting grounding safety requirements for electrical substations.
- Ground fault neutralization.
- Safeguarding critical instrumentation and process control equipment.
- It is recommended to install in clay or highly humid soil.
- Make a pit preferably of 6-8 inches dia upto appropriate length of Gel Earthing Electrode.
- Put them in vertical positions in the pit with the connection terminal on the top.
- It is recommended to fill back-fill-compound surrounding of Gel Earthing Electrode mixed with proper water pouring simultaneously.
- Normally 2 bags of back-fill-compound is recommended for our Gel Earthing Electrode but in some case i.e., Rocky Area, bag can be varies.
- Make joint with suitable copper wire/strip or G.I. wire/strips carry for earthing from your equipment etc. upto the earthing terminals provide on the top of the Gel Earthing Electrode. Beware, don't hash on the while handling and installation, do not use hammer etc.
- Put the chamber with the cover over the Gel Earthing Electrode & even petroleum jellyon the exposed part of Gel Earthing Electrode i.e., terminal.
Do proper water pouring upto 6-7 days after Installation