Recochem’s Methyl Hydrate is a 99.9% pure versatile product with so many uses that all hardware and paint departments as well as automotive, camping equipment and general merchandize retailers regularly stock it.
Methyl Hydrate is used for:
- Thinning shellac
- Cleaning brushes that have been used with shellac
- Cleaning windows, when mixed with water
- Defrosting air line hoses on tractor trailers & commercial vehicles during extreme cold temperatures
- Fondue fuel
- Fuel for marine unpressurized alcohol stoves
- Dissolving gums, resins, and celluloid
Recochem’s Methyl Hydrate is colourless and smokeless when burned. Since it contains methyl alcohol and is flammable, all our containers are clearly marked with poison and flammability warning symbols. Keep out of reach of children.
Methyl Hydrate has a low freeze point and is suitable for de-icing applications, but it is not an anti-freeze for diesel fuel. It should not be added to diesel fuel, or used as a fuel.