The EM Techcolor branded conformity certified volumetric glassware with dated batch identification manufactured by Hirschmann Laborgerate is ideal for the documentation of volumetric measurement and for the total traceability as demanded by ISO 9000.
All the volumetric glassware manufactured by Hirschmann Laborgerate are conforming to three international standards. They are DIN, ISO and PTB.
DIN is a German standard and is widely recognized in all the advanced countries. Therefore, it is accepted as an international standard.PTB (Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt) is a state science institute in Germany, which is the highest technical governmental authority in the service of the State Minister of Economics having in their employment about 1900 persons, whereof 500 are scientists. Major assignments of this institute are:
- Definition of Precision for Physical Constants
- Design Examination and Approval of Measures
- Design Examination in the field of Safety Technics, Radiation Protection, Medicine etc.
- Elaboration of Technical Prescriptions and Laws
- Calibration, Order Examination and Scientific Technic Consultancy
- Education and Development Aid in Measure Technology
Their publications are:
- 2 monthly issues on science and official publication of PTB
- Yearly report of PTB
- PTB reports – specific individual publications
- PTB examination rules – Rules for examination of measures and accessories with description of examination methods
- Eichordnung – Laws for the approval, calibration and examination of measures
- Eichanweisung – direction lines for examination, calibration and surveillance of measures
- PTB requirements – technical requirements of measures which must be officially tested
- Technical rules – information and recommendation for official acceptance of examination places for measures
The standards, which PTB describes, become LAW in Germany. And those who confirm to produce according to these standards are under governmental surveillance in production control.
International Standard (ISO) 4787 – Methods for use and testing of capacity
ISO 4787 gives the detailed procedure for use and testing of capacity of volumetric glassware.
According to it the following apparatus and materials are required for conducting the examination.
Balance – a laboratory balance with sufficient capacity to weigh the loaded vessel is required. A single pan, a self- indicating instrument or an equal arm balance of adequate discrimination and capacity may be used. Its discrimination should not exceed 1/10 of the limits of error of the instrument to be tested
Thermometer – to measure the temperature of the water and its limits of error shall be 0.1°C
Barometer – It should be capable of providing atmospheric pressure measurements consistent with appropriate tolerances. Its limits of error shall be 1 mbar
Water – Distilled or deionized water, suitable for general laboratory purpose shall be used