RUBSIL 70 is an excellent mould release agent mainly for Rubber and Plastic Industries. They offer inexhaustible possibilities for making moulded or cast materials.
- On account of its repellent effect against other materials RUBSIL 70 can be successfully used as a mould release agent in such cases where sticking is undesired.
- Reduces Carbonaceous deposits which are formed on the equipments to the minimum.
- Serves as Lubricant and anti-sticking agent for extruded items.
- Improves surface appearance and prevents newly coiled extruded extrusions from sticking together there by eleminating the need of dusting powder.
- The considerable resistance to high temperature and the tendency to rapidly spread on the surface makes it capable of being effective even in the case of hot moulding without being decomposed.
Special Directions & Application
Before application , RUBSIL70 can be diluted with water. The most suitable concentration must be determined by the user himself for it depends among other factors on the method of application and on the shape of the mould.
RUBSIL 70 is best distributed by spraying. However, manual application by dipping or applying with cotton is also possible. One must endeavour to apply films which are as thin as possible to the surface of the mould. This is necessary not only for reasons of economy but on the other hand an overdosage leads to undesired forming of stains on the surface.
Since RUBSIL 70 is water based, formation of rust may occur in the case of iron moulds so it is advisable to add a small amount [0.5%] of Sodium Nitrite to the diluted emulsion.
Physical Properties :
|Specific Gravity||Around 0.9|
|Composition||Di Methyl Poly Siloxane|
Storage Stability :
RUBSIL 70 has a shelf life of atleast 6 months if stored in original sealed container at room temperature.