Nanocrystalline† Silver Antimicrobial barrier
ACTICOAT◊ provides an effective barrier to protect the wound site from invasive pathogens
Broad spectrum antimicrobial activity
(In-vitro data shows) ACTICOAT◊ is an effective barrier to over 150 pathogens which includes a broad spectrum of gram positive and negative bacteria and fungal wound pathogens. ACTICOAT◊ is also an effective barrier to multiple strains of Antibiotic resistant Pseudomonas, Methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) and Vancomycin resistant Enterococcus (VRE).
Sustained release of silver for 3 days
The sustained release of silver ensures that ACTICOAT◊ remains effective for a up to 3 days.
In-vitro data shows ACTICOAT◊ rapidly kills bacteria in as little as 30 minutes - faster than other forms of silver.
Easy to use
Easier and less painful to remove than SSD (silver sulphadiazine) making it a dressing of choice for both the patient and the carer.
Prevents and reduces infection
ACTICOAT◊ kills pathogenic organisms in wounds to reduce the risk of infection. ACTICOAT◊ is also effective in the reduction of bacterial load in wounds.
Can be used on extensive body surface area wounds
ACTICOAT◊ is available in a wide range of sizes and can be cut to shape, enabling the chosen size of dressing to conform to the wound surface.
Assists faster healing
ACTICOAT◊ contributes to effective wound bed preparation which in turn assists faster healing.
Dressing changes are less traumatic than traditional methods for both the patient and the carer.
Indicated as an antimicrobial barrier layer over partial and full thickness wounds such as pressure ulcers, leg ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers, burns, recipient graft sites and cavity wounds.
Contraindications / Precautions
* Do not use on patients with a known sensitivity to silver
* Do not use on a patient undergoing MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) examination
* Prior to administering radiation therapy, remove ACTICOAT◊. A new dressing can be applied following treatment.
* For external use only
* ACTICOAT◊ is not compatible with oil-based products, such as petrolatum
* Avoid contact with electrodes or conductive gels during electronic measurements e.g. EEG and ECG
* Do not use if product color is not uniform.