The remarkable Biach Self Contained Tensioner (SCT) brings greater safety, reduces manpower and shortens downtime to a critical task. Quick connect/disconnect design for fast RPV performance based on decades of field proven use with our QD and QD-H tensioners.
Power needed: 460-480VAC at 10 amps High Speed Industrial Network Communication Protocol Communications via Cat 5 Ethernet Cable bundled with power distribution cable
Pressurisation time: less than 20-30 seconds (based on 1 or 2 stage design)
Accuracy: +/- 15 psi at 10,000 psi maximum pressure
Weight: 3600 to 4600 lbs. (depending on single or two stage cylinders)
Height: comparable to existing QD or QD-H style stud tensioners
Stud Engagement Interface:
Quick Connect / Disconnect design for fast performance based on over 30 years of field proven use. Can engage annular groove design or helical thread form RPV studs.
* Electronic Limit Switches for:
o Verifying full latch on pull system engagement to RPV stud
o Checking piston overstroke travel to protect equipment components
o Monitoring piston return status to prevent loss of stroke at next step
* Secondary Seals to route fluid by pass to reservoir and prevent external leakage
* Text Style Instructions via an LCD screen to coordinate sequence and integrate operation
* High Pressure Safety Valve to cease high pressure operation as a secondary system to electronic overstroke limit switch in preventing piston overstroke.
* Emergency Stop button on each control panel to cease all operation
Integrated, Built on Pumping System:
* Saves valuable refuel floor space
* Eliminates rigging of and potential leakage from interconnecting hoses (currently used)
* Reduces storage requirements
* Built in Elongation Monitoring System (EMS) provides instant elongation reading feedback which allows immediate re-tensioning if reading is out-of-spec and eliminates need to perform trim adjusting passes upon completion.
* Complete hydraulic operation: latching of pull system, pressurisation and piston return. Does not require any air supply or create any air born contamination through air exhaust systems.
* Ram Actuators for piston return process eliminates potential of hydraulic leakage at tensioner top plate during piston return phase due to flange rotation conditions.
* System set up for one master driver though at any time another unit may become the driver.