Extruder Operation And Control - Single Screw program uses state-of-the art animation technology to teach the fundamentals of single screw technology, including parts and operation, plastics used for extrusion, extruder controls, safety procedures, troubleshooting and more. Also available in Spanish.
9 Lessons – 11 Hours
Dive into the latest technology of the single screw extrusion process – from start-up to shutdown. Learn about extrusion machinery, plastic behavior, and how to maximize the productivity and efficiency of the extruder. Through nine lessons, you’ll learn to optimize the extrusion process, quickly solve problems, and develop advanced troubleshooting skills.
This program teaches the fundamentals of single screw technology, including all of the knowledge that your personnel must understand in order o make informed decisions on the production floor.
- Lesson 1- The Single Screw Extruder: Parts and Operation
- Lesson 2- The Structure of Plastic Raw Materials
- Lesson 3 - The Characteristics of Plastics for Extrusion
- Lesson 4 - Effects of Pressure, Temperature and Flow
- Lesson 5 - Optimizing Extruder Controls – Part 1
- Lesson 6 - Optimizing Extruder Controls – Part 2
- Lesson 7 - Safety, Pre-Start and Start-Up Procedures
- Lesson 8 - Steady-State Operation, Shutdown and Maintenance Procedures
- Lesson 9 - Single Screw Extruder Troubleshooting