Hot Runner Molding Solution is a course uses the latest in 3-D technology and digital video imaging to go inside the mold and hot runner and examine the many components that make up the system. In addition to examining the parts of the hot runner and how plastic flows through the hot runner system, this program also demonstrates effective set-up and operating techniques and procedures when hot runner molding.
5 Interactive Lessons – 6-8 hours of Training
Lesson topics include nozzle types and gate styles used, the function of the manifold, melt channel considerations, manifold and nozzle temperature control, how to use hot runners with stack molds and multi- material injection molding processes.
To make the course more hands-on for the molder, the later lessons review recommended troubleshooting and safety techniques and explore, in detail, proper hot runner set-up, start-up and shutdown procedures. As a bonus, the final lesson in the course identifies common molding problems and describes procedures to help your personnel maintain and optimize your hot runner injection molding system.
Hot Runner Molding Solutions Courseware:
- Introduces the types of hot runners and components in use today
- Shows and explains plastic flow through the hot runner system
- Teaches effective start-up, operating and troubleshooting procedures when molding with a hot runner
Developed in conjunction with leading manufacturers of hot runner systems, this fully interactive five-lesson course provides more than 9 hours of training using full motion digital video and detailed 3-D animations and graphics.
This technology takes the employee inside the hot runner system to examine the many hot runner components including the manifold, nozzle and gate. Important start- up and steady-state operating techniques specifically for the hot runner system are demonstrated, including ways to optimize the production run and how to work safely around a molding machine equipped with a hot runner system.
Lessons Included: Hot Runner Molding Solutions Lessons
- Lesson 1 - Components & Operation of a Hot Runner Manifold
- Lesson 2 – Nozzle Tip & Gate Design, Components & Operation
- Lesson 3 – Nozzle & Manifold Temperature Control & Common Hot Runner Applications
- Lesson 4 – Start-up, Molding Optimization, Color Change & Shutdown Procedures
- Lesson 5 – Troubleshooting Techniques, Solving Processing Problems & Safety