ATA carnet is an intercontinental customs document that permits the tax-free and duty-free temporary export and import of supplies for up to one year. As well as, it eliminates the need to purchase temporary import bonds. Whoever, wishes to use a carnet to shift supplies in and out of overseas must submit an application and the requisite collateral to their home national guaranteeing organization. The ATA Carnet System is an ideal design of how close collaboration between industry and customs can facilitate and stimulate worldwide. The ATA Carnet is a easy customs document which is willingly complete out by the owner and checked by the customs.
- Checked by the customs
- Increased customs safety guaranteed by the guaranteeing association
- The customs authorities and the trading community, i.e., individuals, enterprises, trade organizations who need temporary duty free importation facilities to prospect outlets for their products on foreign markets
- Less paperwork for customs officials and Carnet holders
- Since all goods accompanied by an ATA carnet are thus covered by the international surety furnished by the guaranteeing/issuing Chambers, no further action regarding the guarantee need to be taken, either by the customs or by the importer at the time of temporary admission
- Sales executives
- Exhibitors at trade fairs and raveling professionals, such as film crews, architects, artists, engineers, entertainers, photographers, sports teams