Temperature of concrete at the time of placement is important to control and to avoid many possible difficulties. In hot climates, it is important to measure the temperature of the fresh concrete to ensure it is not too hot, which could cause flash setting and rapidly reducing workability. Measurements are generally taken at the point of placement.
- The Concrete Thermometers are available in following types
- Mercury in Glass type or Alcohol in Glass type
- Dial type
- Digital type
- Mercury in Glass Type or Alcohol in Glass Type. Yellow Back, German Glass. Temperature range: -10°C to 50° C. Least Count 1°C/0.5°/0.1°C.
- Dial type with 30 cm long stem. Temperature range-10°C to 50°C Least count 1°C.
- Digital Type Complete with 20 or 30 cm long stainless steel sensor. Temperature range: -50°C to 50°C Resolution 0.1°C