Marshall Stability Test Apparatus Digital used for the measurement of resistance to plastic flow of cylindrical specimens of bituminous paving mixtures when tested in a marshal load frame. Test specimens are produced and tested at a speed of 50.8mm/min.The maximum load(stability) and deformation(flow) of the specimen are recorded. Generally the test is applicable to hot mix designs using bitumen and aggregate of maximum size of 25mm. Widely used for designing and evaluating bituminous paving mixes.
General Descriptions & Specifications :
A floor standing compression loading frame of 50 KN capacity with motor and worm gear housed within the base unit, producing a platen speed of 50.8mm/min. Limit switches are provided to cut out the platen over run on the downward travel. A handle is provided for manual operation during calibration etc. The load frame is fitted with ON/OFF/Reversing switch and power indicator lamp in front. Suitable to work on 230V, 50 Hz, AC single phase.
Marshal Moulds (3 Nos.)
4”dia X 3” height specimen moulds, base plates and Extension collar. Manufactured from steel.(6“ dia mould can be supplied at extra cost)
Comprising of a hard wood block with a steel plate, complete with specimen holder, semi circular base and a circular top to hold 4” dia specimen mould in place during compaction of the specimen. (Pedestal to accommodate 6” dia specimen can be supplied at extra cost)
Compaction Hammer (2 Nos.)
Designed for use with the compaction pedestal and mould. The hammer has a falling weight of 4.535 kg and free fall of 457 mm.
Breaking Head Assembly
Consisting of upper and lower cylindrical segments with provision for fixing flow meter. Suitable to take 4” dia specimens. ( Assembly to accommodate 6” dia specimen can be supplied at extra cost)
Consisting of a load transfer bar, pressure plate and steel ball
The following accessories and consumables are not part of the standard supply and are mandatory for the testing work
- Proving Ring of 30 KN capacity with calibration certificate with traceability
- Flow meter Dial Gauge with 0.01mm graduation and 25mm travel
- Water bath with Thermostatic or Digital Control with stirrer
- Electronic Balance of capacity 5 kg/1gm or 2 kg/0.1 gm or Two Pan Balance with set of weights and analytical weight box.
- Pair of Asbestos Gloves
- Filter Paper ( Pack of 100 )
- Misc. items: Spatula, Scoop, Mixing Tray, Trowel, light mineral oil and Benzene.
- The following additional Instruments will speed up the testing process with ease and accuracy