Designing the interiors of bathrooms is just as important as other rooms in the house. The required designing skills become even more important in the case of corporate offices, hotels and restaurants. Gone are the days when not much stress was given to bathrooms. The new era has witnessed rapid developments in the interior design industry with bathrooms and restrooms occupying more importance and significance than before. Below are described some factors that will help every amateur designer and even those people who are looking to re-design the interiors of their washrooms.
- Fluorescent lights and conventional dome lights have been replaced by new and energy efficient methods of lighting. You could always purchase a light base at a shop and then have mix and match shades to complement the bathing style.
- Vanity wall sconces could be fitted at both sides of a mirror in case of a pedestal sink.
- You could also use decorative pendant lights to provide a very subtle form of lighting. This feature can be used in plush hotel suites as well.
- When it comes to the light bulb choices, halogen and CFL lamps are the clear choices as they not only illuminate the interiors but they are energy saving as well.
- Have dimmers instead of the conventional toggle switches, especially in hotels.
- There are a large number of factors to be kept in mind while selecting bathroom tiles such as colour, surface, composition, gloss and the durability.
- Ceramic tiles are the cheapest option available and they can be evenly fixed to the wall with minimum grout.
- For people who have a bigger budget, the porcelain tiles are an option. Not only is it more resistant to wear and tear, but it comes in different designs and patterns.
- For hotel owners who are looking to pay decent amounts of money for bathroom decorations, marble, glass and stone variations could also be selected for bathroom tiles. These set of tiles could give a sense of elegance and beauty to the bathroom.
Selecting bathroom tiles
Choosing the right bath
- This is another major predicament when it comes to the interior designing of bathrooms. Amongst a huge list of varieties, it is very difficult to pick a clear option.
- Some of the different baths are cast iron baths, steel baths, stone resin baths and acrylic baths.
- The advantage of using a cast iron bath is that it is extremely tough and resistant to strain.
- Steel baths are a clear replacement for cast iron baths as the former is lighter and is a strong material.
- Acrylic baths are cheaper but they cannot be trusted as they tend to crack under severe pressure.
There are a large number of companies which come with an array of bathroom furniture which can be fitted in perfect sync in your bathroom. You can fit sinks onto cabinets, mirrors, bathroom TVs, shower screens and back to wall toilets.
By accommodating the above features together, you can ensure a great bathroom in the house. Functionality is of course priority number one, so never fail to miss that point. Make wise and informed decisions to thus create a grand restroom.