A bedroom is a very personal space and a refuge to most people against the ravages of life. It is the space where everyone retires after going through the daily grind. Therefore when it comes to the choice of the colors on the walls of your bedroom, it is not a decision that can be taken in the blink of an eye.
Yet, it does not need to be an onerous task either! All that needs to be done is to keep in mind a few vital aspects and you will find yourself the proud inhabitants of a bedroom that is the envy of both family and friends.
Here are a few things you can consider:
The largest percentage of color in the room will obviously come from your walls. Almost Seventy percent! This is why it pays to carefully consider the choice of color on your bedroom walls. Remember that
- Your wall color should slightly oppose your personality. If you are a fiery and passionate person, use muted colors such as beige or cream. Let the intensity of your personality be inversely proportionate to the shade you choose.
- Choose a color that energizes you. There are many proven scientific studies that have proved the positive (and negative)effect of colors on a humans emotions. So remember to choose a color that you are assured will lift your spirits when you feel down in the doldrums
- If you have a wooden floor, or a floor that is dark in color, ensure that the ceiling is either in the lightest hue of the same color or a very light shade of any other color at the very least.
- Some folks like to have intricate designs, mirrors and other such stuff on their ceilings, if that is something you are considering, then you must make sure that your floor is completely in the background color wise.
- Choose objects and curios that reflect your personality in colors that contrast the walls. These will strengthen their presence in the room.
- Try to use not more than three colors. This will help avoid an overwhelming of the senses.
- Use colors that have a personal connection to you, such as the yellow of your pet Labrador, or your favorite flower.
The color of your bed itself and the colors of your sheets and other textiles in the bedroom must compliment your wall color. Although this is not always possible, you can always choose a wall color to go with most of your linen and other fixtures.
Those little details that brighten up a bedroom and infuse it with your personality are also integral to the perfection of your color scheme. You should
Finally it must be said that whatever colors you use, ensure that they are the right blend for you. Seek out a specialist or get online to find the right mix that will energize your room and fill it with positive vibes.
Ceilings and floors