Fireplace provides a distinctive charm to the place where there is extremely cold weather and snow most of the time. It feels wonderful while sipping the hot tea or coffee in front of fireplace. Fireplace definitely is a most exotic thing that adds a charm to home’s interior as well apart from protecting from cold. Installation of fireplace is not tedious but what makes lazy is its maintenance which is important and necessary.
Cleaning the fireplace is essential not only for the sake of cleaning but also for health and hygiene because soot and dirt that collects nearby the fireplace tends to make unhealthy conditions for housemates. Therefore, to keep up the hygiene and for better ambience cleaning of fireplace is important for which you just need some time and require few things. We are now going to discuss how you clean up your fireplace properly, read out some tips:
To clean fireplace, you require few things such as: Glass Cleaner, Oven Cleaner, Vacuum, Hand Gloves, Few old Newspaper, Water, Bleach, Scrub Brush and Rags.
Method of cleaning:
- Wear the glove and clean out the debris inside the fireplace as it can’t be vacuumed. Now with the vacuum cleaner vacuum the entire area to remove accumulated soot and ash.
- Cover the hearth and nearby area of fireplace with tarp and then place newspaper on the tarp and on the fireplace.
- Take a gallon of warm water and add a cup full of bleach powder into it.
- This chemical water is now used to remove hard soot and dirt inside the fireplace with the help of scrub brush.
Use rags to throw out excess water.
- After cleaning the soot and ash inside the fireplace, clean the floor of the fireplace by removing newspaper.
- Now turn to fireplace grates to clean them. Place some newspaper on the clean surface and place fireplace grates on it.
- Clean the grates with water-bleach solution or over-cleaner and scrubber.
- Also clean fireplace glass with help of glass spray cleaner and newspaper.