Stencils art can be the most expressive wall art form that can make the rooms look interesting and decorative as well. Stencils can make your wall beautiful and embellished while adding an extra charm to room décor. Though some people never thought stencil art as optimum way to decorate wall while according to us stencil art is another way to decorate room wall without spending much.
There are some places on our walls that might appear dull and bland however stenciling can make these small spaces expressive and charming. Another noteworthy feature of stencil is its cost effectiveness that could impart your home décor a refreshing appearance without sinking much bucks or paint.
The colours and patterns used can be aesthetic and depends on individual choice while it is also called as folk art so stencil art can be used for story telling in children rooms. They key to this art form are using interesting and bright colours with stencils to brighten the room all the more. Blending is most important so using bright colour stencil is essential to add subtleness ad warmth in the room.
Sometimes people overdo with colours using all types of colours without analyzing its usage in room which could make it look gaudy and uninteresting. Stencils should be chosen with proper consideration determining all aspects of room, wall colour and individual style. For children’s room you can prefer vivid colours for different walls and always decorate your walls keeping in mind the overall look you wanted to create.
Read out the basic necessary tips before incorporating stencil art form on your room walls:
Before starting for this interesting work vacant this room and remove every thing from the wall. Using painter’s tape can help you marking the edges of the doors and windows
- Now decide a base colour for wall and secondly take stencil cards and clear acetate to cut into your desired pattern.
- You can use anything sharp such as knife or cutter to cut stencil from the card. Now the designing can be started using sponge or stencil brush.
- Now start painting the stencils with various colours such as artistic paint, oil paint, and household latex paint etc. Anything which sets in your budget can be picked and designed with your creativity. During painting remember to paint inside out so as to avoid paint going underneath.
- Colours should be chosen with utmost care but do not rush because that would make the appearance fussy. Mix and match colour to make it more dimensional and interesting
- Strong adhesive can be used to stick stencils on the walls. Now apply protective coat on the stencils.