Guest room is a place where your guest rest and it should be in such a way that the guest would love to spend time in his room. The interiors and décor of such room must be appropriate in all way. This room should serve the exact purpose, so prepare yourself to declutter the room and designing a guest room in an ascetic way.
Designing a guest room is as tedious task as others because the guest coming in this room would probably have different choice may be the way you design room is different from his taste. Therefore in this case you need to hire some professional designers which will take care of your guests need and give you the best modern décor guest room. This room must have neutral things which may be liked by every person and never put some funky and trendy things inside the guest room décor. It should be simple, sober and aesthetic.
Colour it neutrally
- Choose some ethnic yet latest colour suiting to the other things of guest room. Pick up a fresh coat of paint and have fun with colour.
- Choose soft soothing shades which must be liked by all. Blue, white, cream, lilac, peach and green colours are best for this room.
- The important things required for guest room are fabric, curtains and covers. After you get it coloured, you need to be careful for the bedsheets and curtains.
- Bedsheets should match the shade of wall colour and so as the curtains. It is not always important to take on fabric matching with the wall colour but you can just mix n match the shades which will go with all hues.
- Choose latest and beautiful designs which would make the guest comfortable in the room. Go for velvet and other soft fabric in covers rather than synthetic and warm fabric.
- Offer fluffy towels if you can find and put cozy robes and slippers in the guest room for sure to allow your guest feel like home.
- Go for as large a bed for the guest room which can be affordable to you. The most important than size in beds is its firmness preferred by most people.
- You can also opt for sofa cum bed which is another option of bed. Then you need not to include separate sofa if your estimate and room is small.
- Bring several pillows and cushions for sofa and bed ideally in different sizes and shapes.
- You can also introduce a comfy chair in the room if the space allows.
- This room is a place where you need to have different lighting to attract your guest. Be careful while picking up the lights for guest room as it should be adequate for reading and other activities.
- Arrange different lights in triangle so as to provide enough light around the room and also include one lamp shade with an adjustable three way bulb.
- Guest room should also have Emergency lights in case they have power failure.
- Guest room should always have copious space to put around luggage and other material. Arrange some racks and almirah where your guests unpack their luggage.
- Offer them empty space in closet and supplied with plenty of hangers.
- Make sure the racks and closets you provide will have drawers and open spaces.
- Give this room a particular time to make the ambience more suitable for you as well as for your guests. Provide some light reading material such as magazines, novels and newspapers with a regional focus for out of town guest.
- Other things which you can arrange in this room are Television, clock or alarm clock for better convenience.