Determining your skin for best makeup
To know your skin type is the foremost task while choosing cosmetic. The first step to get glowing skin is acknowledging your skin and its care. This is often relevant in order to pick right type of skin product and how to take care of. Every skin is different and lies among the three cases oily, dry and normal.
To enhance your beauty you need to determine skin type with a small test. Here are the types of skin which you can check out if your skin shows such features:
Oily skin type is normally leaves oil, feels greasy and more important it leaves acne, skin pores are visible, and texture is thick and coarse. Oily skin must be washed every hour but by the time oil comes again the face making you look greasy.
Oily skin care
Oily skin tends to develop acne more often if the skin is not washed gently with water. This type of skin is sensitive to dust, oil and dirt, so it should be recommended for oily skin to be away from filthy place. This type of skin must be cleanse with gentle herbal face wash and wipe off the dirt with astringent. Oily skin doesn’t need moisturizer though a light one will be suitable probably more in winters.
- Use specialized products for oily skin.
- Oily skin is prone to acne scars which make it difficult to apply makeup and even if applied gradually the oil collects on the skin making you weary and patchy. The makeup on oily skin doesn’t last long if products chosen are not applied properly.
- Follow a regular routine of cleansing, moisturizing and toning. Use hydrating moisturizer but if this is inducing oily conditions then switch on to silicon based primers.
- These primers excel wearing properties of foundation and some matte foundations can also be applied to touch up.
- Use lighter shade of foundation to overcome the excess oil darkening. Keep away from dark and shimmering touch makeup which may look drab on oily skin.
- Always use powder blush instead cream.
- Never use greasy moisturizers rather make sure moisturizer is oil free.
- Keep your makeup soft, light and natural to avoid shiny effect. Shimmer can be used on lips to accentuate the other features.
- Use blotting paper to touchup during the day which absorbs excess oil.
Dry skin care
To ward off that dry patchy look use creamy moisturizer to cover off the dryness. Allow creamy cleanser to stay on for minute so that dirt would melt away and swipe off with cotton wool. Wash off your face to clean and then apply thick moisturizer to soak dryness and refresh your skin.
- The first step before makeup is choosing right kind of products specially designed for dry skin.
- Wash off the sustained dirt by exfoliating on face and neck before applying makeup.
- Use non-sticky moisturizer to remove the dry flaky look.
- Apply primer starting from centre of the face. After primer liquid foundation can be applied to make a light base for further makeup.
- Use foundation that has some degrees of oil retain capability. Creamy or liquid concealers work best on dry skin and perhaps hide the unnecessary spots, scars and blemishes. But always use concealer having lighter shade than foundation you use.