Flat roofs are constructed in the same way as the floor of the building but with a slope of only one degree to 5 degree. Flat roofing on different floors is varies from the main roof which is also called terracing. Roofing is the main and strong support of any building structure that protects the entire building from water, fire, snow etc.
- This kind of roofing has few advantages in terms of safety and popularity. Flat roof is said to be economical and doesn’t really involve much of the finance as compare to other roofing style which require much of support.
- Flat roof is ideal for living purpose.
- Flat roof is also considered safer than other kind of roofing structure.
- The most important advantage of flat roof is that terrace which is left empty can be constructed further for any purpose if desired in the future.
- Flat roof style is not recommendable in hilly areas where snow and storm is heavy.
- Flat roof is also not advised in industrial structure and even if it is incorporated then columns have to be used.