When formal décor comes in mind, we automatically refer to period homes or fine hotels. . The formal décor is also a space that is livable and comfortable. Some additional guidelines to follow include:
- Tall windows, heavy window treatments, fire places and large mirrors are specifically used in this kind of décor.
- To create a formal setting, you need to keep both lines and symmetry in mind.
- The furniture would be arranged in a straight line inside the room and in most cases, furniture and accessories would be arranged in pairs.
- Cloth are generally used on the walls.
- The surfaces of furniture, floors, mirrors, and light fixtures would be polished to a bright shine with high gloss.
- The fabrics used for bedspreads, pillows, couches, and window treatments are very luxurious and rich.
- The use of rugs, oil paintings and crystal chandeliers are typical characteristics.