Hair split ends is a common problem faced by many women today due to innumerous reasons like excess hair drying, using harmful chemical including hair colours and so on. Though split ends usually happens in dry hairs naturally because of hair brittleness but hairs kept open frequently for longer times may also damage the hair ends by splitting them.
Split ends also called Trichoptlosis occur when the protective layer of cuticle is damaged fro the tip of the strands. Due to this, the hairs get split into two or three strands each hair in two or three cm long at its tips. This problem can be ward off with simple trimming or cutting hair frequently but it would persist more often if proper care is not taken. In order to get effectively rid of hair split ends it is important to take relevant measures.
Explore some useful and effective ways of getting rid of hair splits:
- To prevent frequent hair split ends trimming is necessary. Therefore trim your hair in a gap of fifteen days to remove and obstruct the growth the split strands.
- It is not necessary to get the hair trim at known salon as this task can also be performed at home. Just take a section of hair and gently press the end part of hair so that the split strands come out promptly. Find the split ends and trim hair with sharp scissor.
- Keep your hairs healthy in order to prevent chances of split end and for this it is essential to wash hair with mild shampoo followed by conditioner.
- Massaging hair with lukewarm oil on daily basis would help keeping split ends at bay. Never message wildly on hair which may break unnecessary hair leading to hair loss and hair breakage, instead dab the oil gently on scalp in circular motion.
- Do not treat your hair harshly while combing or after hair wash as it may vanish the protective cuticle layer from the strands. Avoid hair combing just after hair wash because it may entangle hairs producing more split ends.
- Gently brush your hair when they get dry and avoid using narrow toothed brush or comb, instead wide toothed comb should be used.
- Some home made hair remedies can be used to prevent split ends. Apply mashed avocado on the damp hair, leaving it for 15-20 minutes and wash it with cold water. This remedy is effective for split ends.
- Excessive perming, hair drying, colouring and pressing should be avoided in order to protect hair from split ends as hair strands are vulnerable to damaging due to lack of protective layer.