Stretch marks are ugly appearing lines on the skin generally occurs on arms, arm pit, stomach, butts, thighs and waist. The ugly marks usually appear due to excess weight put on by the body, due to this the skin stretches to its limit and when the body lose weight skin loses its elasticity causing marks on the different body parts. Stretch marks generally appear due to two primary reasons i.e. physically and hormonally.
Adolescents, pregnant women and bodybuilders normally get stretch marks on their body due to rigorous activities undertaken by them which makes their bodies prone to them. When the skin stretches to its extreme due to sudden weight loss in short period or after pregnancy, it causes tiny skin fibers to tear. The main body parts on which stretch marks are found are buttocks, arms, bust, abdomen, legs and waist but apparently could be appear anywhere.
Men and women both have stretch marks on their body due too many reasons while continual usage of steroid can also cause severe discoloured marks on the body parts. Although many brands have come out with their products that have been promising to remove them forever, but can these products help out in bid farewell to stretch lines? Women all over the world have been gazing on such products so as to get rid of stretch marks. Many undergo various procedures given in salons today.
Know about different methods to lighten stretch marks which can be adopted in order to get stretch mark free skin.
Creams and lotions
- Today different types of creams and lotions available in the market can be employed which promise to improve the texture of skin by lightening stretch marks.
- Make sure the cream or lotion you buy should be recommended by your physician under the prescription.
- If you are pregnant consult your doctor for relevant and effective stretch mark lubricant and start applying it before your bump start coming out.
- If you can not afford expensive creams and lotion for stretch, you can use various economical home remedies to exfoliate the area prone to stretch mark.
- Using oatmeal and baking soda to exfoliate can help removing dead layers from the skin and minimize appearance of stretch marks.
- After exfoliating keep the skin hydrated with moisturizer so in order to make it soft and smooth.
- Drinking lots of water will detoxify the skin making it hydrated and soft and gradually help lightening stretch marks or less likely to develop it.
- Consume healthy food rich in zinc, minerals and vitamins.
- Surgical methods are alternative way to get rid of stretch mark and many people today are going through these methods for early removal.
- Methods like dermabrasion, laser technique and chemical peeling can be employed to remove severe stretch marks.
- Today many big outlets, hospitals and salons provide such procedures for better cure but ensure the price and authenticity before hailing to get the offer.