Menstrual cramps are essential part of women’s life corresponding with menses and should be dealt with proper care. They must not be taken as normal cramps because menstrual pain is much more unbearable than other stomach cramps. Most of the women in her period are seen swallowing pain killers and moaning on the couch to get relieved out of pain.
Menstrual cramps are natural part of menstrual cycle caused by normal hormonal fluctuations causing uterus to contract. Usually average menstrual cramps are known primary dysmenorrhea and excessive pain is called secondary dysmenorrhea and can be serious if not subdued. It is wise to consult a doctor if the pain in secondary dysmenorrhea is excessive to get the effective treatment.
Explore some of the effective ways to subjugate and lessen menstrual cramps:
- The most effective painkillers taken by women all over the world are one containing or . These pain relievers are especially designed for menstrual cramps and only prescribed dosage must be taken in order to avoid future harms.
- Light exercising and stretching may be effective in relieving menstrual pain. Slow exercises, meditation and yoga are perfect combination to prevent secondary dysmenorrhea which will help your body in blood stimulation and stretching out tense muscles.
- Avoid running, dancing and gym during menstruation as it can make the condition worse. Also keep up yourself with high fibrous food and avoid greasy and oily food.
- Herbal tea is another effective method to relieve menstrual cramps and at the same time drinking gallons of water is will leave you hydrating and refresh. Green tea with a pinch of lemon, gingerroot tea and mint tea is effected remedy to subdue menstrual cramps.
- Stretching out with pelvic muscle will help you relieving cramps. Make a triangle by opening your legs, bend down from sideways to touch your feet first to right and then to left. Sitting down on the floor and making diamond with feet by joining soles and bending forward while exhaling. Make a position like fetus by curling up and face and legs down on the floor with arms on the side.