Earthing is basically a part of electrical wiring which is being done on initial level in order to connect the electrical system with general mass of earth so as to have discharge of electrical energy. Earthing is important to make the electrical fitting safe and secure from the immediate shock or thunder storm that may affect building.
Earthing also has many several advantages which makes it important for every building at the time of entire electrical wiring. Many builders avoid providing earthing in the building area during the electrical fitting due to several reasons such as intended negligence etc. However earthing is not important but essential to protect a building from sudden mishap or short circuit that can harm lives of inhabitants.
Before Earthing it is necessary to follow few points regarding its implementation:
- Earthing connection is given with mainly using galvanized wire or copper wire as they are considered good conductor of electricity.
- Copper Pipe or plate must be used during the earthing especially at the place where soil is corrosive.
- Earthing work is ideal in moist earth where it is effective than dried earth that has resistance than moist earth.
- Electric earthing require pipe or plate earthing.
- Earthing place must have reasonable chances of being moist for better and effective earthing.
- It is better to do earthing near the place of water drain, main water pipeline etc to enhance effects of earthing and resistance.
- It is better to spread or fill pit for Earthing with salt or some charcoal pieces.
- It is also said that earthing place should be free from building foundation.
- The pit that has to be made for main Earthing must not an obstructing place or regular place such entrance, below the stairs or pavement etc. Choose some lone place which is secure and away from visits in the building.
- Electrical fittings inside the building must be properly earthed for safety measures and acciedents.