Kitchen tiles are distinct from other flooring tiles as there is a need to choose carefully for the flooring tiles. It is a belief that if one works in amiable environment, than the productivity will increases. Today kitchen has been converted into a modern room unlike traditional and small dingy places. Even the colour, flooring is becoming a trend. People want to install the best flooring and wall tiles which can amaze everyone.
But make sure that the tiles which you are getting must not be slippery. Kitchen are often get wet spills from time to time, thus tiles should have a textured or non-slip surface which can prevent the slipperiness.
Flooring tiles options
- Ceramic tiles are made of clay which make them best to hold up well in high-traffic areas such as kitchen.
- The surface of ceramic tiles can be rough or glossy and come in various colours and styles.
- They are durable due to their hardness but they also have some cons. As ceramic tiles are prone to crack or break so you should be vigil while working on ceramic floor. If you drop some glass or other item ceramic tile tend to break.
- Slate is another option for flooring in kitchen. It is a natural stone which can bear the busyness of the kitchen.
- Slate is affordable and durable due to its non-slippery surface. You can easily get slate in varied textures and designs but shades in slate are limited. You often get a mix of colours including gray, black, rust or green.
- Choose uniform tiles that have more variation.
- Granite is a natural stone which is getting popular in kitchen flooring tiles. Beside its beauty granite has many benefits for the homeowners. Granite gives kitchen an aura of richness.
- Its beauty can surpass other flooring material and due to this it is quite expensive and heavy.
- Being a natural product it is purely bio-degradable and that is why it is most common among environment friendly homeowners.
- Granite is durable, hard and stain resistant and available in wide range of colours and patterns.
- Granite is versatile, beautiful and extremely resistant to water and moisture.
- Travertine is a type of limestone which is becoming common in kitchens and bathroom.
- It is available in different colours ranging from ivory to gold to brown.
- Travertine is sometimes avoided in high traffic areas like kitchen but today it is widely used in kitchen areas. While using travertine in kitchen, it must be sealed as the porous stone will absorb the spills.
- Polished travertine is sometimes slippery when wet.
- Saltillo tiles are making a good way into the kitchen flooring due to their aesthetic designs. They are handmade tiles from Mexico and a good choice for Mediterranean kitchen styles
- Saltillo is fragile in a sense that they can be broken easily for this they must be sealed regularly as they may be ruined by standing spills.