Kitchen is a place where a lady spends her maximum time so it should have comfortable and fresh feeling. Today's kitchens are far removed from the dark dingy spaces one saw earlier.
- General lighting for a kitchen should be well distributed, uniform and as shadow less as possible.
- Fluorescent fixtures reduce the energy demands without sacrificing illumination.
- Even if there is window in the kitchen, install down lighting over a sink for cloudy days or nights.
- Special lighting for key work areas can be installed in the ceiling or in the upper cabinets.
- Provide light for storage areas in pantry or wall cabinets overhead or shelf mounted brackets will do the job.