Water = Power = Electricity = Energy, this is the cycle which generates the most important resource of life ‘Energy’. We receive Energy in the form electricity in our homes and saving this power that illuminates our lives & completes all our work in no time is essential today. We have become immensely dependent on energy today that even a minute power cut frustrate and irk us. Eventually this energy will some day vanish in a most dreary manner if we won’t think to save it.
The necessity of saving energy has grown out of saving excess of natural resource Water which is the main ingredient for producing electricity. However, to make the future of our coming generation easy and smooth saving energy is the responsibility of every human being on this earth. Energy can be saved from doing simple efforts such as making right use of electronic items, switching off electrical objects when not in use and avoiding excessive lighting.
There are few simple mannerisms and tricks following which Energy can be saved in easy way. Explore here some points to ‘Save Energy’:
- Using natural light through the windows is the better way to keep illuminating house. So use light from windows during the day time to save energy.
- Avoid dark colours in rooms as dark colour paints give impression of bleakness and uses maximum light.
- Turn off the electronic items when not in use including TV, music player, lights, and other switches.
- Use more of LED lights instead tube or bulbs as they are energy effective.
- Even decorative pieces or other lights must be cost effective and if they are not then avoid using them.
- Be informative before buying electronic gadgets and purchase only those given with maximum star which is the symbol of energy efficiency.
- Change tube chalks with electronic chalks and regulators with electronic ones.
- Instead of installing two fans in the room keep ventilated the place by fixing exhaust fan.
- Refrigerators should be used properly by keeping the doors seal tight and often defrost it manually to save power.
- Make less use of electronic stoves and using flat bottom pans contributes in saving energy.
- Solar energy is best resource which can used to heat water or even for cooking. Solar water heater and solar cooker can be used for the purpose which work purely on natural sunlight and save energy.
- Monitor of Computer should be kept at sleep mode to cut energy cost or just switch off.
- When not in use switch off the computer.
- While using air conditioner keep the doors and windows seal tight for less consumption of energy. Better to purchase latest technological product for less energy consumption.
- Turn off the electric motors when water is filled as unnecessary working of motor takes lot of energy. It is ideal to set an alarm near the motor switch so that it start ring when tank is filled.