Replacing bathroom and kitchen faucets or taps is sometimes a problem as today’s taps look more appealing but they are not worth. Faucets in today’s date have designer look, more aesthetic appeal and moreover are much more durable. Yet they have a drawback of getting spoil either by loosing the grip or leakage. Self replacing tips to replace house taps empower you to get the thing done at time when needed without any mess and spending less money.
We might see plumbers making pretexts for not coming to fix the problem when urgently needed and often charges more the problem. To help the people for changing taps on their own, we have assembled some data that will surely help out to repair and replace bathroom and kitchen house taps easily:
To replace taps you require:
- Basin wrench
- New faucet
- Plumber’s putty
- Adjustable end wrench
- Paint scraper
- Before replacing the faucet, keep a tab on water supply which need to be stopped for little while. Generally water supply is controlled by valves attached at the bottom.
- It is recommended to open the tap for few seconds as it would let the excess dirty water to flow out.
- Some taps have mode for two separate ways for the flow of hot and cold water. In this case you need to disconnect the main pipes that are connected with the two pipes in one faucet.
- Open the bolts of faucet that has to replace and clean the faucet from excess putty applied to hold the faucet.
- Replace the new faucet on the place of old and screw the bolts again.
- Reattach the pipes that are connected with faucet or tap and carefully tighten them properly. Check the water supply from the tap.
- If there is any leak in the faucet, tubing must be removed and wrap some Teflon tape around the pipe near the attached tubing and again follow the previous step.
- Now place the faucet properly with help of plumber’s putty.