In cities like Delhi, when houses are located in main centers and there is scarcity of space, a portion of residence is converted into office itself.
For the purpose of office cum residence, the following points should be kept in mind:
- Southwest portion of the house should be utilized.The professional head can face East, North or Northeast.
- The secretary can sit in Northeast, near the entrance.
- The sofas and the chairs should be placed in such a way that the visitors should face South or West.
- Reception should be in Ground floor and should face towards East or North.
- On one side of the corridor, officer’s chambers should be constructed and on other side halls for the staff should be provided.
- Lifts may be placed near staircase.
- All the storage of files or dump material should be placed in the southwest corner of the basement.
- Power generators should be kept in the Southeast side of the building.
- Cashier’s room or the cash chest should be in the North side of the building.
- The finance and the account portion should be in the north, northeast or the east zone.
- A pantry can be placed anywhere except in northeast or the center of the building.
- Boardroom, conference hall or committee room, managing director’s room should be placed in the south or the west zones.
- Heavy parking of the vehicle should be in Southwest and the car parking can be in northeast or the north zone or northwest.
- Vaastu says that exposed beams can cause an oppressive weight above us. If they are above our heads when we are sitting or sleeping, then they may cause heaviness, depression or headaches. If they are above our stomach while sleeping, then they may cause indigestion problems.
- Pleasing and harmonious sounds are also good attractions and are lucky and encourage wealth into building. Anything that makes good soothing and inviting sounds like water falls m fountains , good music , musical bells , wisping of petals and air sound etc.