Whether it is Marble flooring or marble counter top in kitchen, it looks sophisticated with distinctive look because shining marble enhances the beauty of ambience where it is installed. Marble is most beautiful and lustrous among natural stones that is why it is expensive as well. The only drawback and disadvantage is its maintenance which is important although cumbersome.
Marble installation require proper maintenance and care so as to protect it from any unwanted scratches and marks that look bad on this beautiful stone. Sometimes marble installation is avoided due to its maintenance problem but a little effort on our part can help bringing back the shine of marble in no time. Here are some of the ways to clean up this natural stone:
- Do not let the stain rest on the marble as it can result in unwanted stains during its removal.
- Clean and dry the marble stone with damp cloth and immediately wipe any spill over the marble as it can also create problem if hardens.
- Stains that are stubborn must be removed from soft sponge or specially made wipers. You can also use mild and non-abrasive cleaners on damp sponge abundantly available in market to proper clean the marble.
- Often clean the marble to maintain its glare and original colour otherwise little carelessness would cost heavy and eventually marble leave its original shine.
- Acetone, hydrogen peroxide and ammonia are some of the cleaners that be easily avail from the market to provide a niche washing. Liquid detergent mixed with some water makes a good option for cleaning marble and after that just wipe off the stone with warm water.
- To bring back the shine of marble when it gets old, re-polish it with commercial products and thoroughly clean with scrubber.
- Oil spills on the marble often irks, but they can be removed by spilling some corn starch over the area and leaving it overnight. Next day wipe the spill with ammonia soaked wet cloth and clean it with water.
- A perfect natural home remedy is to rubbing the stains of marble with piece of grapefruit but before rubbing it over stone dip into salt. Salt and grapefruit will work as stain remover over marble stone and give back the shine.