Epdm Cold Shrink Tubes are a series of open-ended,tubular rubber sleeves,which are factory expanded and assembled onto a removable core. They are supplied for field installation in this prestretched condition. The core is removed after the tube has been positioned for installation over an in line connection,terminal lug,etc.,allowing the tube to shrink and form a waterproof seal. The insulating tube is made of EPDM rubber,which contains no chlorides or sulphurs.
1. Simple installation,requires only workman’s hands.
2. Accommodates a wide range of cable sizes
3. No torches or heat required
4. Good thermal stability.
5. Seals tight,retains its resiliency and pressure even after prolonged years of ageing and exposure.
6. Excellent wet electrical properties.
7. Improved tough rubber formulation to with stand rough backfilling.
9. Resists fungus
10. Resists acids and alkalis.
11. Resists ozone and ultraviolet light.