IGEPAL® CA-630 is an excellent primary nonionic surfactant, recommended especially for the emulsion polymerization of acrylic, vinyl-acrylic, styrene-butadiene and styrene-acrylic polymers. Such polymers find application in latex paints, adhesives, paper coatings and textile applications.
IGEPAL® CA-630 is one of a series of Rhodia ethoxylated alkylphenol nonionic surfactants with different HLBs. Since differences in HLB affect emulsification and stabilization properties, the Igepal series allows the user to select the surfactant that will provide effective particle size control, low levels of coagulum, latex stability and trouble-free commercial production.
- Moisture (Karl Fisher), % : 0.50 Max
- Appearance @ 25 Deg C : Clear to Slightly Hazy Viscous Liquid
- Color APHA : 100 Max
- Cloud Point (1% Solution), Deg C : 63.0 – 67.0
- Neutralization No. (pH 7), MG KOH/G : 0.50 Max
- Physical Form : : Liquid Critical
- Micelle Concentration (%) : 0.005
- Surface Tension at CMC (dynes/CM) : 31
- HLB : 13.4