DMAPA Chemical Compound (Dimethylaminopropylamine) is a diamine used in the preparation of some surfactants, such as cocamidopropyl betaine which is an ingredient in many personal care products including soaps, shampoos and cosmetics.
Appearance: Clear and colourless liquid
Physical Properties :
- Empirical Formula: C5H14N2
- Molecular Wt.: 102.2
- Sp. Gr. at 20ºC: 0.81 - 0.82
- Refractive Index 20°C: 1.434 - 1.436
- Boiling Point: 132 to 135°C
- Freezing Point: below - 60°C
- Solubility in water: Soluble
- Flash Point (Closed Cup): 32 - 35°C
- Purity by GC (FID) %: 99.5 min.
- Water by K.F. (wt. %): 0.5 max.
IMDG Class: 8
UN Code No.:2734
Packing Group: II
CAS No.: 109-55-7